The Navan Centre interprets one of Ireland’s most important ancient monuments, Navan Fort, the ancient capital and seat of the Kings of Ulster.
The Navan Centre offers visitors a unique appreciation of the history of the area through a stimulating exhibition packed full of information, artifacts and hands on activities for all the family. Enjoy the myths and legends of the Ulster Cycle in the vibrant audio visual show…Witness the Celtic Characters bring history to life in the Iron Age/Early Christian period dwelling with demonstrations of cooking, weaving, farming and much more… Finally, take a guided walk to the Navan Fort and be transported along the path of history.
The Centre offers so much for children, its perfect for any age. You can:
• Experience life as a Celt with our dressing up costumes
• ‘Dig’ into the past in our archeo-pit – find bones, coins etc
• Try your hand at some of our Celtic activities making shields, swords, brooches, necklaces possibly even a little clay pig to take home!
• Complete the Navan trail to get a prize at the end
• Touch history with our feely boxes if you dare
• Make your very own badge to take home as a gift or simply to remember your visit
Exhibitions are multilingual.
81 Killylea Road
Tel: 028 3752 9644